Thursday, October 15, 2009

Oracle and Aerosmith !!!!!


It was a dream. I had to pinch myself to believe it. Oracle Open World could well be, to most, categorized as, a dream come true. When I entered the gates of Open World. A sort of whim hit me. I was taken back to those nostalgic lanes of childhood when I used to dream and wish I'd find a place where all sorts of chocolates and cookies and ice creams and cola would be strewn all over the floor and I could just pick it up and eat or drink it. Ah, Open World was of such standards. Except one difference- instead of the cola, they had Liquor !! Yeah baby - Beer, red wine, white wine... You name it, you got it !

To add to this fantasy, there were free rides, games, beverages and the big daddy of them all - THE AEROSMITH CONCERT !!!! There was a different high altogether. The atmosphere was gaining voltage, and you could feel the pulse going high. In front of me was a stage - with a mammoth drumset visible from up front (Man! how much would that cost !! ), some 5 zillion Watt Speakers, the size of .... well ... me and a HUGE ORACLE sign in the background. Suddenly the curtains dropped and it read - Aerosmith! There was a huge cheer by the crowd. People pushing each other up front in their best attmepts to get as near as possible to the legend himself. After an hour long wait, finally............ the lights went off, the curtains came down, and there he was ... right above my nose ! Steven Tyler - The lead vocalist of Aerosmith. It was surreal. To see them live. To see them in flesh and bone singing your favorite tune right in front of you. It's a different high altogether.

Aerosmith is undoubtedly one of the greatest bands of the present era. Steve's voice resemebles no other's and his inimitable style of singing and music is what makes this band legendary. Not to take any credit away from the rest of the guys, the guitarist Joe Perry, is a fine master himself. They blew the crowd away with songs like "Walk this way", "Livin on the edge", "Dream on" and "I don't wanna miss a thing".

The crowd had lost itself in a different world. As for me, I was no different ! His voice spoke to me ! It was unbelievable. The range of his voice is impeccable and original. Although I hoped that they would play a few of my other favorite Aerosmith songs too, but nonetheless, it was definitely worth it. To add to the worth Steve's joke about Windows was definitely a checkpoint of the show ! :) I'm sure Larry talked money with him and convinced him to do that stunt !

In the end, the night was mesmerising and breathtaking. A night to remember definitely ! Aerosmith rocks ! (And so does Oracle :) )... !!!

1 comment:

  1. ok dude, this is surreal!

    man O man....


    hey, btw blogroll me
    http://tangyorangesour.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete