Thursday, June 18, 2009

Music for the Soul..

This morning I woke up to the sound of music. The adagio rhythm ringing in my ears. Some leftover thoughts in my head like the dew of the morning. The only difference lay in its freshness. I slept late last night. A "not-so-pleasant" conversation with a friend followed by a half an inkling of sleep. The music played in my ears. The bittersweet symphony followed by a longing to make the ends meet.

I woke up to an excellent cup of bed-tea, followed by a fat free breakfast :P. The echo of last night's conversation resounded in my ear and made me feel like locking all them up in Davy Jones' Locker and start a new day.

Anyways, I took out my Piano and started to play. An F sharp scale was my mood. So I played a Ruben Studdard. It was soulful. It struck a chord hidden deep in my heart. Saved by the music...

I decided to do some improvisation and concocted some nice saxophone tunes along with a Hindi Classic song from the movie "Dil Apna Preet Parai" called "Ajeeb dastaan hai yeh". At the end of the session, I was back to my sane normal self.

Soon after, I opened my Facebook account. Did some nice chatting with a close friend. We discussed lots of interesting topics right from semantic searching and Operating System intelligence to the abstraction of the world and the Law of Attraction.

Still I had barely killed 4 hours of the entire day and still had more than 12 hours to figure out a decent plan for execution. To my luck, my friend showed up and spent the entire afternoon with me. We discussed a lot of issues. Some of which were exigent, rest of them were not really my cup of tea. So naturally, my impatience to end the matter was quite visible.

Soon after he left, I developed an appetite for understanding the Indian tax laws, so I pumped up my router and hit the Google button for some information. Soon after I decided to watch some ladies cricket. The semi final was on. India vs New Zealand. There I was on my chair, watching these girls play some fine cricket. Made me wonder how much of orthodoxy and prejudices they have to face and overcome to reach to their stand. It inspired me to make a difference in my life. Anyways, India lost.

So that was the end of my day. Another page of my life closed. As I slowly near the end, my inquisitiveness to understand my reason for existence increases and so does my enthusiasm.

All I would like is some Good Music for my soul please.... :)

2 comments:

  1. nice way 2 kill time :)
    playing music is out f mah dictionary yet....still sumtimes i luv listening 2 it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya it is... Most of us our confused all the time. I'm probably the Leader of this Group !! :P But music keeps me sane... :)

    I'd recommend learning music. Its really a language. And the most beautiful language !!

    ReplyDelete